Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stacked bracelets


This trend has really put me into an awkward spot, because I love how it looks, but not on me. There is such a thin line between chic and overdone that I simply don't dare to try it out. And the sound they make when you walk is so loud that I have the feeling that someone will soon arrest me for sound polluting.
 But of course,  I've seen girls rocking this trend like they were born to hide half their arms under tons of clinging bracelets. I only wonder how much time they waste to pick them out and then get them off at night. If taking off my jewelry takes more than two minutes, I start freaking out. I think I need a visit to a therapist.

There are a few basic rules to keep in mind when stacking your arm wear:
    1. Keep the rest of your outfit simple. The mixture of textures and colours is very eye-catching, so it draws attention to your wrists. The rest of your outfit should nicely complement your bracelets, not try to steal attention from them (kinda like men, no?). If not, you'll end up looking like a circus entertainer; just look at poor Nicki Minaj - http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2010/11/18_nickiminaj_250x375.jpg
   2. Stay in the same palette of colours. I know that stacked bracelets suppose mixing and matching, and it's ok to play with different textures and colours, but don't use more than two main colours or two metal types. Fun and beautiful colours to match are turquoise and brown, orange and brown, pink and yellow, black and red and many others, Get creative, but don't over do it.
   3. Pick the right size bracelets. Don't choose more than one chunky bracelet per arm. If you have really small wrists, two may work, but a key tip to working this look out is to combine different sized bracelets: a big, attention-grabbing central piece and little ones around to frame it. Tip: you can also add a watch to give it a fun twist.
   4. Don't stack more than 3/4 of your forearm. You don't want to look cuffed, so know when to stop adding.
   5. Wear it with confidence!

Here are some examples of stacked bracelets that I found cute:







Also, some bracelets that are stackable and affordable:
Forever 21 - Etched Leaf Bangle Set
€9,90
Forever 21 - Etched Scale Bangles
€6,90


Forever 21 - Rhinestoned Pyramid Spikes Bracelet
€10,90




Forever 21 - Glittered Etched Bangle Set
€4,90

No comments:

Post a Comment