Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chipped Nail Polish



Oh, the horror! Whenever my nail polish starts to chip - and this usually happens about two days after I've done my nails - I feel like ripping my nails off with a pair of tweezers. I find it gross and utterly disgusting to see a girl with chipped nails. It takes only 10 minutes to paint them, so why go out with such an abhorrence on your otherwise pretty nails?!

But that's not all. Oh, no, that's not even the beginning. Some people thought that, because chipped nails are such common, it would be a great idea to invent a nail polish that is chipped from the start! So, the cracked nail polish was born. Awesome, just let me bring my mincing knife so you could stick it through my brains. Why, why would you create a nail polish that cracks from the beginning? Ten years ago, it was called cheap or low quality nail polish; now they call it cracked nail polish. The day this abnormality appeared was the day I started to consider whether the end of the world was a bad thing or not.

Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit, but tell me how is this http://crissakfashion.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/crack.jpg any better than this http://www.clivir.com/public_html/images/uploads/images/nail3.jpg ?

If you are one of my kin, I salute you dearly and thank you for being sane, but also I am giving you a few helpful tips on how to make your nail polish last longer, and thus preventing it from chipping :
   1. Mind the tip of the nail. Be careful to apply the same amount of nail polish on the tip of the nail as on the base. Usually, we tend to apply a thinner coat on the tip and therefore make it easier for the polish to crack.
   2. Base coat and top coat. A base coat straightens the surface of the nail, filling in the natural pores and sealing in its oils. Applying a top coat helps set the nail polish in place and as a bonus, it gives it extra shimmer.
   3. Use lighter colours. I love dark nail polishes, I really do, but when I know I won't have time to fix my tips I apply a lighter colour so the chipping is less noticeable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment